William M. Noall< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Noall belongs to the firm’s Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group. He guides clients through formal and informal business restructurings and insolvency, advises them regarding creditors’ rights (including receiverships, foreclosures, and dispositions) and commercial law matters. He has represented debtors, creditors, and trustees, and has acted as a Chapter 11 trustee. Mr. Noall’s ability to successfully handle the most complex matters has earned him statewide and national recognition. A/V rated by Martindale-Hubbell, he is also listed in Best Lawyers® in America and Mountain States Super Lawyer® List in the areas of bankruptcy, debtor and creditor rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Noall was a shareholder at Gordon Silver where he played a leading role in many of the firm’s largest Chapter 11 cases for over 26 years.
Active in the legal profession, he is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Clark County and American Bar Associations, State Bar of Nevada, Southern Nevada Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys, the State Bar of California and Utah State Bar.
Mr. Noall graduated cum laude from Pepperdine University School of Law with his Juris Doctorate and received his Bachelor of Science (Finance and Marketing) from the University of Utah.
- Ahern Rentals – Led representation of Ahern through a successful chapter 11 reorganization of its nationwide fleet management business, which included restructuring of over $650 million in debt and resulted in the pre-petition equity holders retaining 100% of this privately-held company. Nine months following the restructuring, Ahern was valued at in excess of $1.2 billion. M&A Advisors named Ahern as the best 2013 chapter 11 reorganization for deals over $100 million.
- Las Vegas Monorail – Represented the debtor in successfully cramming down approximately $650 million in debt into a $15 million post-petition long-term obligation. The restructuring was ultimately supported by the bondholders’ representatives as well as the bond insurer.
- Chrysler – Represented an affiliated group of Nevada Chrysler dealerships that constituted the largest single-owner dealer group (by inventory) in the Chrysler Affected Dealership Litigation. Continued representing those dealers in their subsequent wind-up matters and litigation with their lender.
- Aladdin Gaming – Represented the debtor in its successful chapter 11 reorganization of its Nevada hotel and casino. The case involved a number of complex real estate related issues. The restructuring was effectuated through a sale of the operating hotel casino to satisfy creditor claims.
- Santa Fe Gaming / Pioneer Gaming – Defended involuntary bankruptcy petitions brought against the entities and ultimately filed Pioneer Gaming Hotel and Casino into chapter 11, allowing the equity holders to refinance the indebtedness.
- Mega-C Power – Was appointed chapter 11 trustee over a Nevada corporate debtor developing battery technology and producing batteries in Canada. Negotiated and confirmed a successful Chapter 11 Plan and managed substantial complex litigation in the nature of claim disputes and avoidance actions.
- Consolidated Resorts – Represented ASNY Corp., LLC in acquiring substantially all of the debtor’s assets and obtaining comprehensive releases of estate claims, as well as releases from other constituents.
- Represented a large, international gaming and entertainment company in moving approximately 25,000 timeshare interval owners to a substitute resort.
- Represented many types of lenders and investors in judicial and non-judicial proceedings and bankruptcy cases to resolve claims or repossess and dispose of collateral, including subdivisions, hotels, casinos, bars, leasehold interests, specialty manufacturing equipment and facilities, laundry facilities, aircraft, mobile home parks, fleets, watercraft, golf courses, heavy equipment, retail, commercial and residential real property, railcars, development rights, antiques and case goods.
- Represented trustees in pursuing debtors and third parties in defending avoidance actions, including trust piercing.
- Represented creditors in successfully confirming contested Chapter 11 plans.
- Represented homeowners’ associations in bankruptcy proceedings and have assisted in the reconstitution of an insolvent homeowners’ association.
- Represented lenders, investors and business owners in obtaining or defending against business and property receivership proceedings brought to take control of and/or liquidate assets in connection with collections or business dissolutions, including obtaining receivers with expanded powers to sell assets free and clear of liens under state law.
- Represented clients in business wind-ups and strategic business closures.
- AV® Certification Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers® of America 2013 – 2020 for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Las Vegas
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2007 – 2019
- Vegas INC: Top Lawyers, 2012 – 2013
- Best Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- Best Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Nevada, 1988
- California, 1985
- Utah, 1986
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 1985
- B.S., University of Utah, Finance and Marketing, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Courts in the Southern, Eastern, Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel