Teresa Pilatowicz practices regularly in Arizona and Nevada and focuses her practice on restructuring, insolvency, and business disputes. She specializes in litigation related to bankruptcy cases and has been involved in some of the largest matters throughout Arizona and Nevada. She also appears in jurisdictions throughout the country, having represented clients in California, Delaware, North Carolina, Michigan, Missouri, and Oregon. Her attention to practical solutions to complex problems provides significant value to clients.
- Represented creditor entity in the recovery of more than $230,000,000 in debt through acquisition of undeveloped land in Los Angeles County, which representation involved extensive, and successful, litigation with the property owner in California and Arizona State Courts, the California Court of Appeals, and the Arizona Bankruptcy Court.
- Represented Canadian trustees and court-appointed monitors in Nevada cross-border insolvency cases, including obtaining recognition of a Canadian cannabis insolvency proceeding in Nevada state court.
- Represented debtor real estate entities in Arizona Bankruptcy Court in their joint chapter 11 reorganization aiding in obtaining zoning approval for redevelopment of a 68 acre property and resolving more than $30 million in debt.
- Successfully defended airplane lessor in Delaware Bankruptcy Court against preference claims.
- Obtained settlement for casino operator in Eastern District of Michigan Bankruptcy Court in claim for alleged preference payments.
- Represented creditor property owner in Oregon Bankruptcy Court to protect property and successfully defend against claims from chapter 11 trustee for payment of taxes.
- Counsel to liquidating trustee following confirmation of an individual chapter 11 case in Nevada Bankruptcy Court, including pursuing avoidance litigation to obtain substantial monetary recovery for distribution to creditors.
- J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2005
- B.A., University of Arizona, 2002