Joe Kozlowski is a founding partner in the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Finance and Banking, and Construction Practice Groups. Joe’s practice is focused on commercial real estate and corporate transactions, including real estate finance, real estate development and construction, real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing, mergers and acquisitions and corporate formation and governance. Joe also advises clients regarding venture capital financings, private placements, and securities law disclosure and compliance.
Formerly a partner at one of Nevada’s oldest and largest law firms, Gordon Silver, Joe offers extensive experience and unmatched expertise at boutique firm pricing. His determination and unique ability to meet real world challenges with smart, practical and efficient solutions have earned him a place at the forefront of his practice. Joe has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers of America® from 2018 – 2023. He has been routinely recognized as one of Nevada Business Journal’s Legal Elite; a list of Southern Nevada’s top 100 attorneys compiled by peer ratings. He has also been regularly recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer® by Super Lawyers Magazine; a distinction shared by only 2.5% of the state’s total attorneys. Joe holds the highest distinction of AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®, based on peer ratings. Joe was featured as one of Nevada’s Top Real Estate Attorneys in the Las Vegas Business Press, Vol. 30, Issue 16.
Joe’s representative clients include Comerica Bank, Bank of Nevada, Nevada State Bank, McDonald’s Corp., Lennar, Kimball Hill Homes, Edward Homes, LaPour Partners, RW Partners, Ovation Partners, Waypoint Development, LandSpire Group, Speedee Mart, RSM McGladrey, Parsons Corp., Sapient Corp., Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Caesar’s Entertainment, MGM, Princess International, Credit Suisse, Century Gaming, Cirque Du Soleil, and several entertainers and professional athletes.
- Lead counsel to developer with respect to construction issues pertaining to a 16.5 acre mixed-use, high-rise development.
- Lead counsel to Chapter 11 Trustee in connection with the disposition of a $350,000,000 assemblage of land on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Lead counsel to private equity fund in connection with the successful turnaround of a $25,000,000 equipment finance investment.
- Representation of Cirque Du Soleil in connection with the opening of the Mad Apple venue at New York-New York Hotel and Casino.
- Lead counsel to LandSpire Group in connection with the financing and development of The Highline luxury multifamily project located at The Grammercy Las Vegas.
- Lead counsel to community financial institution with respect to the large-sum financing of a downtown Las Vegas hotel/casino.
- Lead counsel to established local Nevada corporation with respect to the multi-million-dollar sale of a business involving the disposition of several franchises located at McCarran International Airport.
- Lead counsel to general contractor with respect to the construction of the SlotZilla zipline located at the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas.
- Representation of large institutional creditor in connection with approximately $25,000,000 of disputed mechanic’s liens in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large-scale, mixed-use, master-planned development.
- Representation of leading local gaming company in connection with large-sum refinancing.
- Lead counsel to large, strip hotel/casino involving multi-million-dollar mechanic’s lien dispute in connection with hotel/casino renovation project.
- Lead counsel to national multifamily developer in connection with the acquisition and development of multiple properties in Nevada.
- Best Lawyers® 2018-2023 for Real Estate Law
- AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Nevada Business Magazine: Legal Elite
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: Rising Star
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: Super Lawyer
- Vegas Inc. and Las Vegas Weekly, Top Lawyer®
- Top 10 Real Estate Attorney, Las Vegas Business Press, April 2013, Vol. 30, Issue 16
- Nevada, 2003
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Southern Nevada Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Member
- J.D., with honors, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, 2003
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1997