Greg’s practice is concentrated in corporate restructurings and the related litigation that is often the precursor to, or accompanies, complex restructuring work. He has been named “Lawyer of the Year” in three of the last seven years (2018, 2015, and 2013) for both his bankruptcy and litigation work. His practice is generally on the company side (borrower/debtor); however, he regularly represents hedge funds and private equity investors. Greg is a trial attorney first and an industry specialist second. While he and the GTG team have more casino restructuring experience than anyone in the world, they regularly represent Chapter 11 debtors in matters involving real estate, hospitality, lending, technology, logistics, manufacturing, consumer products, airlines, and commodities, among others.
- Greg recently represented a hedge fund in the successful acquisition of 1,000 acres of undeveloped land in Los Angeles County ($230m value), which representation involved extensive, and successful, litigation with the property owner in California and Arizona State Courts, the California Court of Appeals, and the Arizona Bankruptcy Court.
- Greg led GTG’s successful engagement by of the parent company of the world’s largest lead producer in its $2.5 billion dollar litigation and restructuring fight with litigious lenders that spilled into numerous federal, state, and bankruptcy courts.
- Greg and the GTG restructuring/litigation teams were retained by the National Rifle Association after the NRA filed for bankruptcy protection in Texas to defend and go to trial on a request to appoint a Trustee over the association, which GTG successfully defeated.
- Greg represented the United States Congress through its ranking member of the House Committee on Natural Resources in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit related to Puerto Rico’s restructuring efforts.
- Greg successfully restructured one of the most prominent regional real estate developers in the restructuring of more than $250m in long-term debt.
- Greg represented more than $350m in statutory lien holders in proceedings related to a multi-billion dollar gaming development pending before a Florida Bankruptcy Court, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Greg represented an MGM entity in the successful restructuring of $100m in claims, which had been pending for ten years related to four condo/hotel properties located on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Greg and the GTG team have successfully represented dozens of casinos and resort destinations across the country.
Prior to founding Garman Turner Gordon, Greg served as managing partner of a regional law firm, a position he held between 2008 and 2015.
Greg is a native Nevadan. He has lived in Henderson for 25 years with his wife and four daughters. In addition to his legal practice, he is an active and enthusiastic entrepreneur.
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2018
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, 2015
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Bankruptcy – Litigation, 2013
- Included in “Best Lawyers® in America” 2007 – 2022
- Named “Bankruptcy Practitioner of the Year” by Turnaround Management Association of Nevada (2011)
- Selected to Super Lawyers®, 2008 – 2022
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1997
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1994
- Nevada, 1973
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1973
- B.A., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1970