Erika Pike Turner
Ms. Turner has been lead counsel in a wide variety of litigation matters in federal courts, state courts, specialty business courts, and binding arbitration. Representative clients include a wide range of businesses and business investors, officers, directors and managers, whether seeking to enforce their rights and remedies or avoid alleged obligations.
Ms. Turner is a fourth-generation Nevadan and a third-generation Nevada attorney. During law school, in addition to being a member of the International Law Review, she clerked for the Honorable Robert Rose in the Nevada Supreme Court and the United States Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Administrative Oversight of the Courts. She started her career as a law clerk for the Honorable James A. Brennan in Clark County, Nevada, was an associate and then a partner at a large Nevada law firm before forming Garman Turner Gordon LLP in 2015.
- Appointed arbitrator and special master on business disputes.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict in business court matter resulting in rescission of contracts on finding of fraud, and award of actual and punitive damages.
- Obtained dismissal of a frivolous action filed against client, together with an award of fees and costs expended.
- Obtained a favorable judgment on fraudulent transfer that was upheld in a published Nevada Supreme Court decision.
- Obtained appointment of receiver and injunctive relief on behalf of investor and lender clients.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict resulting in award of actual and punitive damages and judgment for partition of real property.
- Obtained numerous favorable judgments and settlements enforcing contract terms, including but not limited to loan agreements, leases, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, service agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, and corporation articles, bylaws, shareholder agreements and indemnification agreements.
- Obtained injunctive relief to protect against irreparable injury, inclusive of denial of business interests.
- Obtained numerous favorable judgments and settlements limiting or avoiding liability of clients through aggressive enforcement of defenses, whether defending officers, directors and managers of companies under the governing documents, the business judgment rule and/or other applicable law, avoiding alleged contract obligations, or otherwise defending clients against allegations of misconduct.
- Obtained numerous favorable arbitration awards upheld by the courts.
- Enforced contempt statutes and obtained remedies in business court upheld by the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Enforced contracts recorded on property title, including obtaining orders entering injunctive relief.
- Obtained numerous favorable appellate determinations..
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Western Division (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, San Francisco Division (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware (pro hac vice)
- All Nevada State Courts
- California Superior Court, San DiegoCounty (pro hac vice)
- California Superior Court, Los Angeles County (pro hac vice)
- California Superior Court, Orange County (pro hac vice)
- Third Judicial District Court, State of Idaho (Boise) (pro hac vice)
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reno, Nevada
- Phoenix, Arizona
- San Francisco, California
- AV® Certified by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers® Commercial Litigation
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite
- Super Lawyers® Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Super Lawyers® Mountain States Top 50 Women
- Super Lawyers® Mountain States Top 100
- Vegas Inc.’s Top Lawyers
- Nevada Legal Aid Society’s Children’s Attorney Project- Myrna Williams Award recipient for pro bono services to abused and neglected children in Nevada’s foster care system.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., 1997
- B.A., Fleischmann Scholar, University of Nevada-Reno, 1994
- Nevada, 1997