Jared M. Sechrist< Back to Our professionals
Jared Sechrist is Of Counsel in the firm’s commercial litigation department. He has litigated disputes arising from some of the region’s most complex construction projects, including multiple solar energy generation facilities, CityCenter, Grand Canyon Skywalk, Westgate Planet Hollywood and the third intake tunnel at Lake Mead. He also has substantial experience negotiating and drafting construction contracts and change orders, preparing bid protests, and claims preparation. He has also represented clients in court and arbitration across a broad spectrum of business disciplines, such as real estate development, medical device manufacturing, banking, and entertainment. Whatever the case, Mr. Sechrist is committed to listening closely to his clients’ concerns to formulate collaborative strategies for success.
• Nevada Business: Legal Elite (Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Surety Law)
• Mountain States Super Lawyers® (Business Litigation)
• Utah (currently inactive)
• Maryland (currently inactive)
• Pennsylvania (currently inactive)
• J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2004
• B.A., Brigham Young University, 2000
· Represented Abengoa, a global renewable energy developer, in multiple actions concerning its construction of solar energy plants in the desert southwest.
· Defended URS Corporation in toxic tort litigation concerning a brain cancer cluster around Naval Airbase Fallon.
· Represented Tishman Construction in a suit involving construction management services provided to MGM on CityCenter, a multi-billion-dollar Las Vegas resort.
· Represented Vegas Tunnel Constructors with respect to its construction of the third intake tunnel at Lake Mead.
· Defended national banks and mortgage servicers against investors asserting HOA lien foreclosure sales extinguished the deed of trust.