Gregory E. Garman< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Garman is a trial lawyer who sits at the intersection of the courtroom and deal making.
His practice is concentrated primarily in commercial and corporate restructurings and related complex litigation. He has been named “Lawyer of the Year” in three of the last 7 years (2018, 2015 and 2013) for both his restructuring and litigation work. He regularly represents companies, borrowers, debtors and organizations in matters involving hospitality, lending, high tech, gaming, airlines, commodities and real estate, among others.
Greg currently represents the parent company of the worlds largest producer of lead in its $2.5 billion dollar litigation and restructuring fight with its lenders that has spilled into federal, state and bankruptcy courts. Greg recently represented the United States Congress through its ranking member of the House Committee on Natural Resources in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit related to Puerto Rico restructuring efforts. He recently finished a successful restructuring of one of the most prominent regional regional development company in the restructuring of more than $250,000,000 in long-term debt. He also represents more than $350,000,000 in statutory lien holders in the Fontainebleau bankruptcy cases pending before a Florida Bankruptcy Court, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Nevada Supreme Court. Mr. Garman previously represented Black Gaming LLC in its successful pre-packaged bankruptcy that resulted in the reduction of its long-term debt from $225,000,000 to $67,000,000.
Prior to founding Garman Turner Gordon, Mr. Garman served as managing partner of a regional law firm, a position he held between 2008 and 2015.
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2018
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, 2015
- Best Lawyers®, “Lawyer of the Year” Bankruptcy – Litigation, 2013
- Best Lawyers®, Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law, Las Vegas 2013 – 2021
- Best Lawyers®, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Las Vegas 2013 – 2015
- Included in list of “Best Lawyers in America” (2007-14)
- Named “Bankruptcy Practitioner of the Year” by Turnaround Management Association of Nevada (2011)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2008 – 2021; Listed as Top 100 in 2014
- Vegas INC: Top Lawyers, 2012
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- Nevada, 1998
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1997
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit