Erika Pike Turner< Back to Our professionals
Erika Pike Turner is a founding partner in the firm’s commercial litigation department. Ms. Turner has developed a reputation for aggressively and effectively representing businesses and business people in their efforts to resolve disputes and pursue other goals through the use of legal process. Ms. Turner has been designated as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” as rated by the Martindale-Hubbell® peer review process and the judiciary. She has been repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer in the Mountain States and named by Nevada Business as a Legal Elite for her excellence in commercial litigation.
Ms. Turner has been lead counsel in a wide variety of civil matters, both in courts and binding arbitration. Representative clients include a wide range of businesses (ex. casinos, banks, medical offices, technology and software companies, gaming manufacturers, defense contractors, construction and development service providers, real estate brokers, real estate managers, telecommunications companies, restaurants/taverns, car dealerships, and churches), receivers, real estate investors, marijuana business investors and managers, as well as a wide variety of other business owners, managers, officers and directors of public and private companies, and individual and institutional owners of debt and equity interests seeking to enforce their rights and remedies.
Ms. Turner is a fourth-generation Nevadan and a third-generation Las Vegas attorney. She started her career as a law clerk for the Honorable James A. Brennan in the Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada. During law school, she clerked for the United States Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Administrative Oversight of the Court and the Honorable Robert Rose in the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, 2013 – 2019
- Best Lawyers® of America 2016 – 2020 for Commercial Litigation, Las Vegas
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2012 – 2020; Listed as one of the Top 50 Women in 2013 – 2017
- AV® Certification Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Nevada Legal Aid Society’s Children’s Attorney Project – Ms. Turner received the prestigious Myra Williams Award for Pro Bono Services to Children, as well as commendations from United States Senator Harry Reid and United States Congressman Jon Porter, relating to her pro bono services to abused and neglected children in Nevada’s foster care system.
- Member and Chair of Grant Approval Subcommittee, Nevada Supreme Court Committee on Court Improvement Program
- Nevada, 1997
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., 1997
- B.A., Fleischmann Scholar, University of Nevada-Reno, 1994
- Courts of the State of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware, 2011 (pro hac vice)
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012
- Third Judicial District Court, State of Idaho, 2012 (pro hac vice)
- California Superior Court, San Diego, 2014 (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2014 (pro hac vice)
- Arbitration Venues: Las Vegas, Nevada; Reno, Nevada; Phoenix, Arizona; San Francisco, California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2018 (pro hac vice)
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2018
Representative Cases - Business Disputes
- Successfully resolved multiple business disputes prior to trial
- Successfully enforced contract terms on summary judgment. Exemplar orders and judgment entered in 305 Las Vegas, LLC v. David Mitchell
- Obtained multiple favorable arbitration awards. Exemplar award and judgment entered in Nevada State Bank v. Nicolas Cage, Bank of America, N.A. v FT Automotive, et al.
- Successfully defended NRS foreclosure notice obligations at Nevada District Court and Supreme Court, Coastline Re Holdings NV Corp. v. JED Property, LLC
- Successfully defended breach of fiduciary duty claims against officers and directors of gaming company debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, In re Herbst Gaming, Inc.
- Successfully restrained former business partners and employees in cases involving ongoing interference with existing and prospective business interests. Exemplar order and judgment entered in Vector Media, LLC v. Steven Mincer
- Successfully restrained businesses acting in violation of Nevada statutes. Exemplar order entered in GMDTCD, LLC v. Terracotta
- Successfully defended multiple lender actions against guarantors. Exemplar Nevada district court and Nevada Supreme Court decision in Branch Banking & Trust v. Giordano
- Successfully protected collateral interests of secured lender, Harvardlee, LLC v. Spring Mountain and Rainbow Investment, LLC, et al.
- Successfully represented developer against tribe in binding (and confidential) arbitration
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict for general and punitive damages in fraud case, Sinatra v. Cornish
- Successfully obtained favorable appellate opinion from the Third Circuit Court of Appeals on fraudulent transfer claims, The Majestic Star Casino, LLC v. Barden Development, Inc., et al.
Representative Cases - Receivership Actions
- Successfully defended receivership applications over operating businesses. Exemplar order entered in Ceres, Inc., et al. v. Inova Management Co., LLC, et al.
- Secured appointment of receivers over operating businesses and property. Exemplar order entered in Pacific Western Bank v. Las Vegas Crossroads.
- Represented receiver appointed on condominium project, PFF Bank & Trust v. Belvedere, LLC.
- Successfully limited receivership scope in multiple borrower/lender disputes. Exemplar order entered in Goldman Sachs v. Colony Resorts LVH Acquisitions, LLC.
- Successfully obtained appointment of supervisor to take possession and protect and operate valuable assets subject of dispute during pendency of litigation. Centre Firearms Co, Inc. v. Long Mountain Outfitters, LLC.
- Special hearing master appointed by the Eighth Judicial District Court in the Venetian Lien Litigation.
- Special hearing master appointed in the Coordinated Southern Nevada Breast Implant Litigation.