Christine A. Murphy< Back to Our professionals
Ms. Murphy has been recognized as one of the best real estate practitioner’s in the country. She leads the firm’s Corporate & Real Estate Department. Ms. Murphy practices primarily in areas of real estate finance and loan restructurings, real estate acquisitions and development, real estate leasing and commercial transactions.
With a background in real estate matters, she is frequently sought out for her vast knowledge in commercial real estate loans and real estate development transactions. Ms. Murphy has also represented clients in connection with mortgage loans for multi-family, low-income and affordable housing projects and the issuance of tax credits for the acquisition, rehabilitation, or new construction of rental housing targeted to underserved markets. Additionally, she is a frequent speaker on real estate topics.
Before becoming a founding member of Garman Turner Gordon she was a partner at Gordon Silver in Las Vegas. Prior to that she was a partner in Bricker & Eckler in Columbus, Ohio. She also served as a judicial clerk for the Fourth District Court of Appeals for the State of Ohio.
Ms. Murphy has been listed by Best Lawyers in America as a real estate practitioner from 2005 through the present. She was also recognized as a Nevada Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2008.
- Best Lawyers® of America 2013-2019 for Real Estate Law, Las Vegas
- Vegas INC: Top Lawyers, 2012
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association’s Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- State Bar of Ohio, Member
- National Network of Commercial Real Estate Women, Member
- Nevada, 2006
- Ohio, 1995
- J.D., order of the coif, The Ohio State University College of Law, 1995
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 1992
Ms. Murphy is a frequent speaker on real estate topics, including:
- Real Estate Trends, Issues, Challenges, Tip and Tools
- Challenges in Real Estate, Finance and Related Bankruptcy
- Commercial Lending Requirements and Loan Documentation
- Ethics Topics, including Conflicts of Interest and Disclosures/Consents
- Ethical Issues Related to Real Estate Transactions