Walter F. Fick< Back to Our professionals
Walter Fick is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. He focuses on commercial litigation and appeals and has significant experience handling complex insurance coverage and catastrophic tort cases. He has represented numerous Fortune 500 clients in federal and state courts throughout Nevada and is skilled in helping clients with all stages of litigation, including complex discovery, settlement negotiations, arbitrations, trial, and appeals.
Prior to joining Garman Turner Gordon, Walter practiced civil litigation in Las Vegas, and served as a law clerk for Judge Steve Dobrescu and Judge Gary Fairman in the Seventh Judicial District Court. In law school, Walter served on the Nevada Law Journal, on the prestigious Society of Advocates moot court team, and with the Clark County District Attorney’s Office.
In his undergraduate studies, Walter focused on national security policy, counterinsurgency, and military force structure issues, and was named as a Student Fellow for the Center for International Security Studies.
• J.D., cum laude, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2016
• A.B., cum laude, Princeton University, 2013
• Inaugural recipient of the Nevada Law Journal’s Elissa Cadish Award for Outstanding Student Note (awarded annually for the best article written by a student)
• Nevada Supreme Court
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• U.S. District Court, Nevada