Teresa M. Pilatowicz< Back to Our professionals
Teresa Pilatowicz is located in our Phoenix, Arizona office. She has been recognized as one of the western region’s top rising stars. Teresa is of counsel in the firm’s Litigation and Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy Departments, focusing on business disputes, restructuring, and insolvency. Teresa has been a frequent speaker and presenter on bankruptcy and restructuring issues and continues to do seminars and webinars in Nevada and Arizona.
- Represented two debtor real estate entities in Arizona Bankruptcy Court in their joint chapter 11 reorganization aiding in obtaining zoning approval for redevelopment of a 68 acre property and resolving more than $30 million in debt.
- Successfully defended airplane lessor in Delaware Bankruptcy Court against preference claims totaling more than $3.5 million.
- Obtained settlement for casino operator in Eastern District of Michigan Bankruptcy Court in claim for alleged preference payments totaling more than $4.5 million.
- Represented creditor property owner in Oregon Bankruptcy Court to protect property and successfully defend against claims from chapter 11 trustee for payment of taxes.
- Counsel to liquidating trustee following confirmation of an individual chapter 11 case in Nevada Bankruptcy Court, including pursuing avoidance litigation to obtain substantial monetary recovery and ultimately distributing in excess of $4.5 million to creditors.
- Ms. Pilatowicz was selected to participate in the prestigious National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Program. She was one of 40 young bankruptcy attorneys nationwide selected to participate in the program in 2013. The Next Generation Program is designed to host up-and-coming bankruptcy practitioners.
- Ms. Pilatowicz was named as a 2014 member of Generation Next for the Most Influential Women in Arizona by the Arizona Business Magazine.
- Ms. Pilatowicz has presented for webinars and podcasts, including those for the State Bar of Arizona and West LegalEdcenter/Financial Poise
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2016-2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2014-2015
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Phi Beta Kappa, Member
- Nevada, 2005
- Arizona, 2006
- J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Arizona
- U.S. Federal Court, Nevada
- U.S. Federal Court, Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Publications and Speaking
- West LegalEdcenter/Financial Poise: “Valuation Fights in Bankruptcy,” panelist, July 7, 2015
- West LegalEdcenter/Financial Poise: “Valuation Fights in Bankruptcy,” panelist, June 10, 2015
- West LegalEdcenter/Financial Poise: “Professional Responsibility in Bankruptcy Cases,” panelist, June 2, 2015
- West LegalEdcenter/Financial Poise: “Basics of Bankruptcy Litigation for the Non-Bankruptcy Litigator,” panelist, March 11, 2015
- “Can Professionals in Bankruptcy Cases Get Paid for Fee Applications?” Record Reporter, October 29, 2014
- State Bar of Arizona, CLE Snippet, “Bankruptcy for Litigators: I just received notice that the opposing party filed bankruptcy. What now?,” Summer 2014
- State Bar of Arizona, CLE Snippet, “Bankruptcy for Litigators: The case is moving forward. What happens to my client’s claim?,” Summer 2014
- State Bar of Arizona, CLE Snippet, “Bankruptcy for Litigators: The case is over. Does my client get paid?,” Summer 2014
- “In re Fisker: Eroding RadLAX on Credit Bidding,” BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter, July 17, 2014