Kristin M. Tyler< Back to Our professionals
Ms. Tyler is a founding partner and chairs the firm’s Estate Planning, Probate & Guardianship Practice Group. Her practice is focused primarily on estate planning, asset protection, probate and guardianship matters. She helps families design and implement comprehensive estate plans – utilizing various trusts, wills and other techniques – for estates of all sizes including upwards of $50 million and more. In addition, she regularly teams up with the firm’s litigation attorneys to litigate contested matters in the realm of estate, trust, probate and guardianship disputes.
She has authored a number of published articles and is a regular speaker at local seminars regarding estate planning. Ms. Tyler has been designated as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” as rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. She is actively involved with a number of committees with the State Bar of Nevada. In addition, she regularly provides pro bono legal services and serves as an Ambassador to the Inspire One Initiative of the ONE Promise Nevada Campaign to get other attorneys involved in pro bono work. She has also been recognized by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada in March 2014 as Volunteer of the Month, and inducted into “50 Hours Club” for providing more than 50 hours of pro bono service in 2014.
- Helping families design and implement comprehensive estate plans – utilizing various trusts, wills and other techniques – for estates of all sizes including upwards of $50 million and more.
- Successfully negotiating resolution of contested trust and estate matters – involving millions of dollars – prior to trial.
- Guiding clients from Nevada – and from all across the country – with the process of probating the estates of loved ones.
- Working closely with families of minor children to navigate the probate process and guardianship proceedings simultaneously following the untimely passing of a parent.
- Assisting families of seniors to obtain and manage guardianships and also representing clients involved with litigated guardianship matters.
- Working with professionals, business owners and other high net worth individuals to evaluate their risk levels and implement appropriate asset protection planning techniques.
- Advising a local trust company in its role as trustee to oversee trust administration and annual trust accountings.
- Counseling family run businesses about the proper structures to manage and operate their companies as well as integrating comprehensive business succession plans.
- AV® Certification Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Rising Star of Business – Las Vegas Business Press, 2015
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, 2013- 2017
- Desert Companion’s Top Lawyers List for 2014
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada – Selected as March 2014 Volunteer Attorney of the Month, and awarded the “50 Hours Club” for providing more than 50 hours of pro bono service in 2014.
- Wealth Counsel, Board Member
- State Bar of Nevada Probate and Trust Section, Member, Chair of Pro Bono Committee
- State Bar of Nevada Elder Law Section, Member
- Southern Nevada Estate Planning Council, Member
- Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys, Member
- Junior League of Las Vegas, Board of Directors Treasurer and Past Chair of Advocacy Committee
- P.E.O. Chapter G, Member and Past President
- Las Vegas Nebraskan Club, Member
- Nevada, 2006
- J.D., University of Nebraska, 2005
- M.S. Business Administration, University of Nebraska, 2002
- B.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Nevada, 2006
- “Transferring Timeshare Ownership,” Estate Planning Newsletter, April 2015
- “Trust Design Considerations,” Estate Planning Newsletter, March 2015
- “Business Succession Planning,” Estate Planning Newsletter, February 2015
- “New Year, New Estate & Gift Tax Rates,” Estate Planning Newsletter, January 2015
- “The Gift of Estate Planning,” Estate Planning Newsletter, December 2014
- “Charitable Giving & Your Estate Plan,” Estate Planning Newsletter, November 2014
- “What You Need,” Estate Planning Newsletter, October 2014
- “When to Review and Update Your Estate Plan,“ Estate Planning Newsletter, September 2014
- “Protecting Investment Properties,” Estate Planning Newsletter, August 2014
- “Lessons to be Learned—Casey Kasem,” Estate Planning Newsletter, July 2014
- “Short-term Guardians for Minor Children,” Estate Planning Newsletter, June 2014
- Co-Author, “Estate Planning Considerations for Intellectual Property and Digital Assets,” originally published in Communique, May 2014
- “Dangers of Joint Tenancy,” Estate Planning Newsletter, May 2014
- “Death and Taxes – A Probate Checklist,” Estate Planning Newsletter, April 2014
- “Spring Cleaning Your Estate Plan,” Estate Planning Newsletter, March 2014
- “Six Things You Should Know About Nevada Asset Protection Trust,” Estate Planning Newsletter, February 2014
- “Gift and Estate Tax Rates,” Estate Planning Newsletter, January 2014
- “Securing Your Client’s Future with Special Needs Trusts,” Advocate, Nevada Justice Association, December 2013
- “You’ve Got Mail,” Communiqué, May 2013
- “Why Everyone Needs a Will: Interview with Kristin M. Tyler, Esq.,” NV State Bank blog, Two Cents, May 2013
- “When the Family Business Fails to Plan … They Plan to Fail,” Nevada Lawyer, May 2013
- “Gut-Check Time: Helping Clients Nominate A Guardian for Minor Children,” Nevada Lawyer, June 2012
- Co-Author, “Build Your Dynasty in Nevada,” Nevada Lawyer, May 2010
- Co-Author, “The Revocable Trust: A Powerful Tool to Protect Your Most Valuable Assets,” Around Your Home, July 2008