Joseph T. Kozlowski< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Kozlowski is a founding partner in the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Finance and Banking, and Construction Practice Groups, concentrating his practice in the areas of real estate finance, real estate development and land use approval, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, construction, and general commercial and corporate transactions.
His determination and unique ability to meet real world challenges with smart, practical and efficient solutions have earned him a place at the forefront of his practice, as evidenced by his inclusion as one of Nevada Business Journal’s Legal Elite in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2015; a list of Southern Nevada’s top 100 attorneys compiled by peer ratings. Mr. Kozlowski has also been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Mountain States Rising Star for the years 2010, 2011 and 2012, a distinction shared by only 2.5% of the state’s total attorneys. He has been recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer® in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and holds the highest distinction of AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Mr. Kozlowski is an active faculty member for Nevada continuing legal education programs, instructing other attorneys and professionals in the areas of real estate, construction and landlord/tenant law. In 2013, Mr. Kozlowski was featured as one of Nevada’s Top 10 Real Estate Attorneys in the Las Vegas Business Press, Vol. 30, Issue 16.
Mr. Kozlowski’s representative clients include Comerica Bank, Bank of Nevada, Nevada State Bank, Pacific Western Bank, McDonald’s Corp., Lennar, Kimball Hill Homes, RSM McGladrey, Sullivan Square, Parsons Corp., Performance Contracting, Kittrell Jenson Contractors, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Credit Suisse, Century Gaming, Caesar’s Entertainment, MGM, Sapient Corp., and several NBA players.
- Lead counsel to a community financial institution with respect to the multi-million dollar financing of a large, downtown Las Vegas hotel/casino.
- Lead counsel to a community financial institution with respect to the multi-million dollar refinancing of a building leased to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Lead counsel to an established local Nevada corporation with respect to the multi-million dollar sale of a business involving the disposition of several franchises located at McCarran International Airport.
- Representation of a large institutional creditor in connection with approximately $25,000,000 of disputed mechanic’s liens in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large-scale, mixed-use, master-planned development.
- Lead counsel to a developer with respect to construction issues pertaining to a 16.5 acre mixed-use, high-rise development.
- Representation of a leading local gaming company in connection with a multi-million dollar refinancing.
- Lead counsel to owner of mini-storage business with respect to successful appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court concerning a multi-million dollar commercial real estate dispute.
- Lead counsel to large, strip hotel/casino involving large-sum mechanic’s lien dispute in connection with hotel/casino renovation project.
- Best Lawyers® of America 2018-2020 for Real Estate Law, Las Vegas
- Nevada Business Magazine: Legal Elite, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2017
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: 2013, 2014, and 2015, 2019
- AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top 10 Real Estate Attorney, Las Vegas Business Press, April 2013, Vol. 30, Issue 16
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Southern Nevada Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Member
- Nevada, 2003
- J.D., with honors, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, 2003
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Nevada, 2003
- Author, “Landlord Liability for Problems with the Premises,” Sterling Educational Services, May 2011