Joseph T. Kozlowski< Back to Our professionals
Joe Kozlowski is a founding partner in the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Finance and Banking, and Construction Practice Groups. Joe’s practice is focused on commercial real estate and corporate transactions, including real estate finance, real estate development and construction, real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing, mergers and acquisitions and corporate formation and governance. Joe also advises clients regarding venture capital financings, private placements, and securities law disclosure and compliance.
Formerly a partner at one of Nevada’s oldest and largest law firms, Gordon Silver, Joe offers extensive experience and unmatched expertise at boutique firm pricing. His determination and unique ability to meet real world challenges with smart, practical and efficient solutions have earned him a place at the forefront of his practice. Joe has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers of America® for 2018, 2019, and 2020. He has been routinely recognized as one of Nevada Business Journal’s Legal Elite; a list of Southern Nevada’s top 100 attorneys compiled by peer ratings. He has also been regularly recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer® by Super Lawyers Magazine; a distinction shared by only 2.5% of the state’s total attorneys. Joe holds the highest distinction of AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®, based on peer ratings. In 2013, Joe was featured as one of Nevada’s Top Real Estate Attorneys in the Las Vegas Business Press, Vol. 30, Issue 16.
Joe’s representative clients include Comerica Bank, Bank of Nevada, Nevada State Bank, Pacific Western Bank, McDonald’s Corp., Lennar, Kimball Hill Homes, RSM McGladrey, Sullivan Square, Parsons Corp., Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Credit Suisse, Century Gaming, Caesar’s Entertainment, MGM, Sapient Corp., and several entertainers and professional athletes.
- Lead counsel to a community financial institution with respect to the multi-million dollar financing of a large, downtown Las Vegas hotel/casino.
- Lead counsel to a community financial institution with respect to the multi-million dollar refinancing of a building leased to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Lead counsel to an established local Nevada corporation with respect to the multi-million dollar sale of a business involving the disposition of several franchises located at McCarran International Airport.
- Representation of a large institutional creditor in connection with approximately $25,000,000 of disputed mechanic’s liens in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large-scale, mixed-use, master-planned development.
- Lead counsel to a developer with respect to construction issues pertaining to a 16.5 acre mixed-use, high-rise development.
- Representation of a leading local gaming company in connection with a multi-million dollar refinancing.
- Lead counsel to owner of mini-storage business with respect to successful appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court concerning a multi-million dollar commercial real estate dispute.
- Lead counsel to large, strip hotel/casino involving large-sum mechanic’s lien dispute in connection with hotel/casino renovation project.
- Best Lawyers® 2018-2021 for Real Estate Law
- Nevada Business Magazine: Legal Elite
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: Rising Star, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®: 2013, 2014, and 2015, 2019
- AV-Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top 10 Real Estate Attorney, Las Vegas Business Press, April 2013, Vol. 30, Issue 16
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Southern Nevada Chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Member
- Nevada, 2003
- J.D., with honors, State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, 2003
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Nevada, 2003
- Author, “Landlord Liability for Problems with the Premises,” Sterling Educational Services, May 2011