Gabrielle A. Hamm< Back to Our professionals
Ms. Hamm has been named one of the Mountain State’s Rising Stars for the past two years. She works in the firm’s Litigation and Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy Departments. Her focus is on areas of business disputes, restructuring, and insolvency.
Ms. Hamm has worked on several significant restructuring cases, including In re Ahern Rentals, Inc., which resulted in restructuring of $650 million in debt, payment in full of unsecured creditors, and the retention of ownership by the Ahern family; In re Las Vegas Monorail Company, involving the restructuring of $600 million in conduit financing; and Fontainebleau Las Vegas, LLC in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida, in which she represented the ad hoc committee of mechanic’s lien claimants, obtaining reversal on appeal in federal district court of $25 million in priming liens granted to the prepetition lenders and winning an equitable subrogation dispute certified to the Nevada Supreme Court that ultimately resulted in a payment of over $85,000,000 to the mechanic’s lien claimants.
Ms. Hamm’s diverse practice includes representation of corporate debtors, creditors, ad hoc consortiums of creditors, buyers of troubled companies, divisions, and assets, chapter 11 trustees and liquidating trustees, and lenders in chapter 11 cases, representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial disputes in state and federal courts in cases involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and other business disputes, and litigation of contested matters in bankruptcy court, including discharge and dischargeability of debts, lien claims, preferences, and fraudulent transfers.
Affiliations & Distinctions
- American Bar Association, Vice-Chair of the Administration and Courts Subcommittee of the Business Bankruptcy Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, Former Member
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Bankruptcy Section
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2013, 2014
- Nevada, 2009
- Texas, 2003
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University School of Law, 2003
- B.A., cum laude, Texas A&M University, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada
Ms. Hamm’s published cases include:
- In re McLain, 516 F.3d 301 (5th Cir. 2008)
- In re Las Vegas Monorail Company, 429 B.R. 317 (Bankr. D. Nev. 2010)