Eric R. Olsen< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Olsen has substantial experience in a wide range of commercial and business litigation matters, as well as intellectual property, collection, insurance coverage, and catastrophic tort cases. He has litigated and tried countless cases in the state and federal courts, before judges and juries. Mr. Olsen also practices before the appellate courts, having appeared in numerous appeals before the Nevada Supreme Court, as well as the Second Circuit, Ninth Circuit and Federal Circuit courts of appeals.
After coming to Las Vegas, Mr. Olsen began his legal career working as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Joseph Pavlikowski, in the Eighth Judicial Court of Nevada. He later worked as an attorney for a local insurance defense firm, before joining Gordon Silver in 1989. Eric spent 25 years with Gordon Silver and headed up its litigation group. Over the years, Mr. Olsen has built a reputation as a formidable advocate who is able to effectively convey his client’s position and achieve results in any legal setting.
- Obtained a $1,800,000 jury verdict for a kiosk vendor and a payments processor against Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- Successfully represented Don Best Sports in protecting its proprietary and intellectual property rights concerning publication of real-time sports odds.
- Obtained and recovered judgment of nearly $600,000 for landlord’s violation of tenant’s gaming exclusive.
- Sought and obtained a judgement of over $335,000, plus fees, in favor of an attorney who provided legal services based on an oral contract, with no itemized statements.
- Defended successfully uncovered claims for indemnity and punitive against a local physician arising out of a malpractice action.
- Represented hotel owner in defending $66 million lender claim (secured by property valued at $6 million) to a successful settlement under which client owed no money.
- McDonald’s Corporation
- Midby Companies
- Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.
- Paradise Esplanade Center
- AML BitCoin
- Minelab Electronics Pty. Ltd.
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers® 2020, Litigation-Real Estate
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® 2012–2019
- Best Lawyers® 2019-2021, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, and Litigation – Real Estate
- Nevada Business Legal Elite 2016
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Federal Circuit Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, TIPS Business Litigation Committee, Former Member
- Nevada, 1987
- J.D. Seattle University School of Law, 1986
- B.A. University of Southern California, 1980
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims