Dylan T. Ciciliano firstname.lastname@example.org< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Ciciliano is an attorney in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group. His practice primarily focuses on civil litigation. While Mr. Ciciliano has represented clients in substantial bet-the-company litigation, he also frequently represents individuals and small companies. In doing so, he provides efficient and cost-effective legal services that allows clients to successfully prosecute or defend actions.
Mr. Ciciliano also collaborates with other law firms as local or out-of-state counsel as an effective and cost-efficient member of a legal team.
He has represented individuals, companies, corporations, marijuana business investors and managers, and government entities in cases involving breaches of contract, internal partnership and business disputes, anti-SLAPP motions, corporate governance, breaches of fiduciary duties, fraud, conspiracy, RICO claims and general malfeasance. Mr. Ciciliano also has experience with EB-5 cases, medical malpractice cases, complex criminal defense, and a wide variety of business disputes. As a trial attorney, Mr. Ciciliano has successfully obtained injunctions, tried jury and bench trials as lead counsel, and obtained successful results through consensual resolutions. He also represents clients in both domestic and international arbitrations, mediations, and other resolutions outside of the Courtroom. Mr. Ciciliano has extensive experience conducting and managing complex discovery, including e-discovery and the production of Electronically Stored Information, as well as compliance with European privacy laws. These actions often involve complicated privilege and discovery disputes.
Mr. Ciciliano was born and raised in Nevada. He obtained undergraduate degrees and his master’s degree from the University of Nevada-Reno and worked for the Washoe County Commission. Mr. Ciciliano obtained his juris doctorate from the University of Arizona and was the Senior Managing Editor for the Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law.
- Represents the parent company of the world’s largest producer of lead in its $2.5 Billion dollar litigation and restructuring fight with its lenders in federal, state and bankruptcy courts. The matter involves international discovery, dozens of depositions, numerous appeals before the Nevada Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit, and the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Ninth Circuit, adversary actions to obtain insurance coverage, and lengthy evidentiary hearings before the State Court.
- Obtained a trial verdict in favor of a shopping center tenant against landlord to recover damages for breaching exclusive use clause by allowing another tenant to offer slot-machine gaming. Successfully defended an appeal resulting in a published Nevada Supreme Court decision establishing new precedent on declaratory relief and claim preclusion. Boca Park Martketplace Syndications Group, LLC v. Higco, Inc., 133 Nev. 923, 407 P.3d 761 (2017).
- Counsel in a widely reported on civil forfeiture action in the Nevada District Court that led to the suppression of evidence and return of wrongfully seized funds, as well as an award of attorneys’ fees against the United States. The published District Court decision was affirmed in a published Ninth Circuit decision. United States v. $167,070.00 in U.S. Currency, 112 F. Supp. 3d 1108 (D. Nev. 2015); United States v. Gorman, 859 F.3d 706 (9th Cir. 2017), order corrected, 870 F.3d 963 (9th Cir. 2017).
- Successfully defended an EB-5 Regional Center and related entities and persons, in a number of lawsuits and arbitrations brought by EB-5 investors for fraud, malfeasance, and securities claims. Successfully compelled arbitration in California State Court, obtained successful arbitration awards and the dismissal of Federal Court actions.
- Represents multiple financing companies in lawsuit against medical and esthetic practices for the recovery of equipment and deficiency judgments.
- Represented an out-of-state investor in the purchase of an investment property. Successfully obtained recission of the purchase agreement on summary judgment.
- Obtained a trial verdict in the favor of a manufacturer of collectibles against a prior owner of the entity.
- Successfully represents ex-officers and executives in publicly traded corporations on securities claims.
- Represented the purchaser of a firearms company against the seller in the Nevada District Court. The matter involved a court-appointed supervisor and the transfer of hundreds of firearms in compliance with federal regulations.
- Successfully obtained a preliminary injunction in favor of homeowners against the purchaser of the Silverstone Golf Course.
- Obtained successful resolution as trial-counsel after the first-day of an expedited bench trial for Homeowners Associations against the purchaser of the Legacy Golf Club.
- Represented retired first-responders in claims against the Public Employees’ Retirement System that resulted in a trial verdict in their favor and a successful appeal.
- Successfully defended client against allegations of civil conspiracy between local establishments and taxi-cab companies to divert passengers from the plaintiffs’ businesses.
- Successfully represented client against multi-million dollar claims from a municipality related to bribery involving millions of dollars in water rights.
- Mountain States Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2014-2019
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, Best Up and Coming Attorney, 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Nevada Business: Legal Elite, Nevada’s Top Attorneys 2019
- Best Lawyers® 2021 for Commercial Litigation
- American Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta, a Professional Law Fraternity, Former Law School Chapter President
- Wills for Heroes Foundation, a program providing legal documents free of charge to our nation’s first responders, Former Law School Chapter President
- Young Lawyers Section of the Nevada State Bar, Ex Officio Budget Director
- Nevada, 2011
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, (pro hac vice)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (pro hac vice)
- All Nevada State Courts
- California Superior Court, Los Angeles County(pro hac vice)
- California Superior Court, Orange County(pro hac vice)
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Reno, Nevada
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Los Angeles, California
- Orange County, California
- J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2011
- M.S. Economics, University of Nevada, Reno, 2008
- B.A. Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, University of Nevada, Reno, 2007
- Co-Author, “I-Gaming: Gold Rush or Boom-and-Bust?”, Casino Enterprise Management 2012
- Author, “Analysis of Economic and Occupational Skill Impacts of the Hard Rock Mining Sector on the Elko Micropolitan S.A. Economy,” 2008
- Former Senior Managing Editor, The Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law