Andrew P. Dunning< Back to Our professionals
Mr. Dunning’s practice encompasses a broad range of civil matters, including complex commercial litigation, consumer fraud, and business disputes, as well as tort cases and transactional issues. Prior to joining Garman Turner Gordon, Mr. Dunning worked for a boutique civil litigation and bankruptcy firm in Las Vegas, where he represented the interests of businesses and individuals both in and outside of court. In addition to gaining extensive civil litigation experience in practice, Mr. Dunning served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard F. Scotti in Department II of the Eighth Judicial District Court. While in law school, Mr. Dunning worked as an articles editor for the UNLV Gaming Law Journal, practiced as a student attorney in the Thomas & Mack Juvenile Justice Clinic, served as an extern to the Honorable Philip M. Pro (Ret.) in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, and was selected as the American Bar Association Janet D. Steiger Fellow for the Nevada Attorney General’s Office. In his spare time, Mr. Dunning enjoys amateur photography, traveling, and spending time with his friends and family.
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite 2019
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International, Society of Scholars
- MYVEGAS Magazine, Top 100 Lawyers of the Year 2018
- Howard D. McKibben American Inn of Court, Associate
- State Bar of Nevada Young Lawyers Section, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2018
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2015)
- Pro Bono Honors
- Dean’s List
- 2015 Dean’s Award
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Pre-Law Criminal Justice, University of Nevada, Reno (2012)
- Dual Minors in Psychology and Philosophy
- Kerry E. Kleiman & Andrew P. Dunning, Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Copyright: Mass-Defendant Copyright Litigation: the Plaintiffs, and the Pirates, and the People who Pay, NEVADA LAWYER MAGAZINE (January 2019).
- Andrew P. Dunning, Insecurity Abroad: Data Safety for Practitioners Away from the Office, NEVADA LAWYER MAGAZINE (June 2018).
- Andrew P. Dunning & Kerry E. Kleiman, Major League Broadcasting: the Deleterious Effects of Major League Baseball’s Antitrust Exemption on Nevada Consumers with No Home Team, 16 NEV. L.J. 1171 (2016).
- Keith S. Whyte & Andrew P. Dunning, A Public Policy Framework for Minimizing Problem Gambling-Related Harm: The PETERRR Model, 6 UNLV GAMING L.J. 199 (2016).